With a core team led by Dr. Maya Soetoro-Ng, nonprofit Our Public School’s mission is to build a database of innovative practices in education across the nation.Â To accomplish their goals:
Mission in action:
- Gathering data on successful practices in education to build a database of lessons and practices that can be duplicated or emulated in schools across our country. Weâ€™re doing this nation-wide, which began with a launch in May 2009 in Hawaii.
- Highlighting schools as well as other organizations to share what is working. Identifying a group of experts that can model and mentor for public school teachers nationwide.
- Producing media: documentaries, video commentaries and blogs to share models of successful schools and inspire activism worldwide.
- Facilitating virtual Town Hall meetings with educators to advocate for public schools.
- Serving as a central location for salÃ³n gatherings, webinars, and individual learning experiences for both traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in education.
- Designing tools and resources to help you take a proactive role in supporting public schools.
- Listening, talking, and learning from you to find out what your hopes are for our schools.
The OPS database will be available to the public and educators, providing a resource for improving local public education. Beyond that, this database aims to provide people with vocational information so that they may make a decision on which career to pursue, and how to do so. You can find this database here if you would like to give it a read or refer somebody to it.
Often times successful programs like Situs JUDI SBOBET online Football, tennis, hockey, basketball, esport and and casino games, in one area can be beneficial in other regions, however without a clear channel of communication the message gets lost.
Fortunately, the OPS core team consists of leaders in the new media industry — photography, videography, and social networking — committed to bring the message to the people.Â Also a member of Team #afg2010, Mark Wolf of 1001 Stories, brings his new media knowledge and videography talents to OPS.
SUPER TEACHERS CAMPAIGN
At 7:00 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time, OPS will launch their Super Teachers Campaign where anyone can share a story on a teacher who made a difference in your life.Â The winner is voted on and if you win, you receive $100 to donate to the teacher of your choice.Â Below is a video with more information.
Join the livestream on the OPS Facebook fan page.Â If you care about Hawaii’s public education system, get involved!
Disclosure: I volunteer as the Social Media Director of this project.