Building Communities, Forming Partnerships
In 2009, the Federal Trade Commission finalized its Endorsement Guides which in a coconut shell requires bloggers to disclose business relationships with advertisers or companies that provide free products. I’ve done my best at disclosing my professional relationships in blog posts, bio descriptions, and currently on different pages in the Communities section of my site. But, if I do forget, it’s unintentional and follow-up with an update.
Disclosures and Relationships
- I am the Founder, CEO and Community Developer of Pono Media, a human centered, data-driven digital media marketing company.
- I am CEO and Community Developer at entrepreneurial accelerator, Pono Networks, LLC.
- I own and blog on Pono Life.
- I am a Co-Founder of Holomua Institute, LLC.
I am a Community Developer for Oceanit, Hawaii’s leading R&D firm. In June 2012 I transitioned from full-time employee to project based contractor. I blog at A Taste of Social Media about building communities using social networks and media publishing tools.In 2012 I closed that site.
- I am the Chief Evangelist for Alltop, leading news aggregation site.
I am the Social Media Director for the Neil Abercrombie for Governor campaign.My contract ended December 2010 and in 2014 I chose to become the Community Developer for the David Ige for Governor Campaign.
- Here is a list of my affiliate marketing relationships.
- I am a Mentor at Roosevelt High School.
- I am the Digital Media Director for the Ikaika Anderson for Hawaii 2014 campaign.
- I provided strategic consulting to Turtle Bay Resort.
- I facilitated Introduction to Design Thinking Workshops for Bank of Hawaii.
- I facilitated Introduction to Design Thinking Workshop for the City and County of Honolulu Information Technology Department.
- I facilitated an Introduction to Design Thinking Workshop to Kamehameha Schools Bishop Estate IT Department.
- I provided social media marketing and strategic consulting to the Kirk Caldwell for Mayor 2012 campaign.
- I provided social media marketing and strategic consulting to the ‘Aha Wahine organization.
- I provided strategic consulting to the Mazie Hirono for US Senate 2012 campaign.
- I provided strategic consulting to Gil Kahele for State Senate 2012 campaign.
- I provided strategic consulting to Heather Giugni for State Representative 2012 campaign.
- I provided social media marketing and strategic consulting to the Lantern Floating Ceremony.
- I provided social media marketing and strategic consulting to Servco Auto Centers.
- I provided social media marketing and strategic consulting to the Hawaii Island Beacon Community.
- I provided social media marketing and strategic consulting to Blue Planet Foundation.
- I provide social media marketing and strategic consulting to the Hawaii Food and Wine Festival.
I am an evangelist for social media marketing tool ObjectiveMarketer. I receive a free account, I share my satisfied experience.Emailvision acquired ObjectiveMarketer in 2011 and merged with their products. I found another solution.
- I provided social media marketing consulting to Para Hita Todu.
- I received two free tickets to the Freestyle Invasion concert.
- I received two free tickets to the Fil-Am Comedy Jam 7.
- I have provided social media marketing services for Servco Auto Centers.
- I have provided social media marketing services and consulting for McDonald’s Restaurants of Hawaii.
- I have provided social media marketing consulting services to MobiPCS.
- I have provided social media marketing services for Chef Roy Yamaguchi.
- I have provided event planning and coverage for Grass Shack Events and Media.
- I have provided social media marketing services for Our Public Schools.
- I was invited to a tasting for Hawaii’s Fried Musubi an the food was so delicious, I blogged about it.
- I was paid to provide articles to So Much More Hawaii blog.
- I received a free Juiciest and find the product to be a cool idea. So, I promoted it across my different networks.
- I received four free tickets to the Polynesian Culture Center’s HA Breath of Life show.
- I received two free tickets to the Cohiba Cigar Grazer.
- I received four free tickets to Cirque du Soleil’s Alegria.
- I received five free tickets to the Haunted Lagoon.
- I was the Social Media Director for the Sesnita Moepono for City Council campaign.
- I received a free meal from Good to Grill restaurant and shared it with Tutu.
- I received a free ticket to the Macanudo cigar event.
- I was able to test a MiFi device for a week from Road Runner Mobile.
- I received free food from Hula Grill as a co-host on Mix It Up.
- I received free food from Burgers on the Edge as a taster for their contest.
- I received two free tickets to ZAP Spring Tour.
- I received two free tickets to Cirque du Soleil’s Saltimbanco.
- I received a free Farmer’s Series Dinner at Alan Wong’s, in return I promote his events.
- I appeared in a television commercial to promote The Good Table campaign for Meals on Wheels. We were able to sample the food that was featured for free.
Memberships and Associations
- I am the original Curator for TEDxHonolulu introducing the TEDx experience to Hawaii in 2009.
- I am a member of HMAUS.
- I am a member of the Hawaii Society of Business Professionals.
If there is any advertisement on my site, it’s because I believe it provides value to the community.